Pitfalls and problems of miRNA expression analysis
microRNAs are intensively studied as tools for personalized medicine because they encompass
The Oligo Meeting
The highly regarded annual OTS meeting draws experts from all over the world for cross-disciplinary exchange spanning expertise in chemistry and delivery, to biology, immunology and clinical medicine. It is the intense scientific exchange between attendees during our annual meetings that sets the stage for groundbreaking new ideas.
What is Oligo Therapeutics?
Therapeutic oligonucleotides include a wide spectrum of molecules with different chemistries and functional properties such as antisense, RNA interference, immunorecognition and aptamer binding.
Awards & Grants
Board of Directors
Scientific Advisory Council
Mission & History
Past OTS Annual Meetings
Official Journal of the Society
Nucleic Acid Therapeutics is the leading journal in its field focusing on cutting-edge basic research, therapeutic applications, and drug development using nucleic acids or related compounds to alter gene expression. The Journal examines many new approaches for using nucleic acids as therapeutic agents or in modifying nucleic acids for therapeutic purposes including: oligonucleotides, gene modification, aptamers, RNA nanoparticles, and ribozymes.
Nucleic Acid Therapeutics coverage includes:
- RNAi: siRNAs, shRNAs, and miRNAs
- Antisense applications; nucleoside and nucleotide analogs and modifications
- Peptide nucleic acids
- DNA-modified gene therapy
- Nucleic acid-based nanoparticles
- Ethical, legal, and regulatory issues
Nucleic Acid Therapeutics is under the editorial leadership of Editor-in-Chief Bruce A. Sullenger, PhD,Duke Translational Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center; Executive Editor Graham C. Parker, PhD; and other leading investigators. View the entire editorial board.
Audience: Molecular biologists, biochemists, DNA and cell biologists, and biopharmaceutical researchers, among others.
Nucleic Acid Therapeutics is a rapid-publication Journal, with peer review averaging 25 days from submission to first decision, and online publication of the article within four weeks of acceptance.
- Online access to the society’s journal, Nucleic Acid Therapeutics, a $396 value.
- Reduced registration fees for the society’s annual meeting – savings of up to $225.
- Discounted article processing charge for authors participating in Liebert’s Open Access option, a $1,000 advantage.
Become A Member
- Membership is an opportunity to take advantage of an array of benefits that support the society’s mission to foster academia and industry-based research and development of oligonucleotide therapeutics, all at a reasonable rate!
- Professional Member – $160 Click Here to join OTS Now!
- Student Member – $80 Click Here to join OTS Now!
From Our Blog
The Oligonucleotide Therapeutics Society (OTS) offers the opportunity for both members and non-members to apply for various awards to support the accomplishments of students, postdocs and young investigators.Details
Carlo M. Croce is an Italian Medical Doctor and Oncologist noted for research into the genetic mechanisms of cancer. Croce is one of the most highly recognized and awarded Italian researchers in the world, and is currently involved in the study of microRNAs and their role in oncology.Details
Click here to read
an Interview with
Xianbin Yang, PhD, MBA