Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. publishers
The Young Investigator Award recognizes the outstanding achievements and contributions by a professional scientist in the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics who has received his or her doctoral degree within the previous fifteen years.
The recipient receives:
- $2,000 award
- Complimentary registration to the OTS Annual Meeting
- Formal presentation of the award at the OTS Annual Meeting
- Short talk speaking slot at the OTS Annual Meeting
Required materials include:
-Current CV (date on which the doctoral degree was awarded must be provided)
-Summary of accomplishments (one page or less)
-A letter of recommendation, which may be from the nominee’s current colleague(s) or previous mentor(s).
Please request letter(s) of recommendation in advance so they can be submitted with the rest of your application via the online submission portal.
- Be a current member of OTS
- Have received a PhD or MD (or equivalent) within 15 years
- Be an independent academic scientist (rank of at least assistant professor) or a professional industrial scientist
- Be active in research at the time the award is given
- Attend the current year’s Annual Meeting and present a 15 minute short talk on research
- Prior winners are not eligible
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply you must first register for the current year’s annual meeting, then you will be emailed a link to the online submission portal where you can apply for the award. If you are not yet a current OTS member, you can purchase a membership during your meeting registration.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: July 9, 2021
If you have questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Congratulations to the Winner of the OTS Young Investigator Award!