The Young Investigator Award recognizes the outstanding achievements and contributions by a professional scientist in the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics who has received his or her doctoral degree within the previous ten years.
The recipient receives:
- $2,000 award
- Complimentary registration to the OTS Annual Meeting
- Formal presentation of the award at the OTS Annual Meeting
- Short talk speaking slot at the OTS Annual Meeting
Required materials include:
-Applicant’s current contact information and affiliation
-Summary of accomplishments (one page or less)
-Current CV (date on which the doctoral degree was awarded must be provided)
-A letter of recommendation, which may be from the nominee’s current colleague(s) or previous mentor(s).
- Be a current member of OTS
- Have received a PhD or MD (or equivalent) within 10 years
- Be an independent academic scientist (rank of at least assistant professor) or a professional industrial scientist
- Be active in research at the time the award is given
- Attend the current year’s Annual Meeting and present a 15 minute short talk on his or her research
- Prior winners are not eligible
Congratulations to the Winner of the OTS Young Investigator Award!