The Mary Ann Liebert publishers, Inc. Young Investigator Award recognizes the outstanding achievements and contributions by a professional scientist in the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics who has received his or her doctoral degree within the previous fifteen years.
- Be a current member of OTS
- Have received a PhD or MD (or equivalent) within 15 years
- Be an independent academic scientist (rank of at least assistant professor) or a professional industrial scientist
- Be active in research at the time the award is given
- Attend the current year’s Annual Meeting and present a 15 minute short talk on research
- Prior winners are not eligible
Required materials include:
- Current CV; date on which the doctoral degree was awarded must be provided
- Summary of accomplishments
- Letter of recommendation, which may be from the applicant’s current colleague(s) or previous mentor(s)
- $2,000 USD award
- Complimentary registration to the OTS Annual Meeting
- Formal presentation of the award at the OTS Annual Meeting
- Short talk speaking slot at the OTS Annual Meeting
How to apply:
- To apply you must first register for the current year’s annual meeting, then you will be emailed a link to the online submission portal where you can apply. If you are not yet a current OTS member, you can purchase a membership during your meeting registration.
- Registration and awards portal will open by early May
- Applications for 2023 awards will open in the spring.
Questions? Contact email@example.com