The OTS Lifetime Achievement Award recognizes an individual who has demonstrated a lasting commitment to the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics through outstanding contributions to education, research, and therapeutic application.
The purpose of the award is to recognize individuals who have devoted their career to oligonucleotide medicine and are an outstanding example to young or new members of the field. Such individuals may have made this contribution through one, or many, of the following descriptions:
- An individual who has made a significant scientific contribution to the field of oligonucleotide medicine, over decades, by means of multiple high impact publications, leadership in the oligonucleotide community, and mentorship to trainees
- An individual who has made an exceptional scientific contribution to the field of oligonucleotide medicine through the publication of one or more revolutionary papers which have made an immediate and significant contribution to the field of oligonucleotide medicine
- An individual who has played a critical role, over decades, guiding decisions at companies and/or in academia and who might not be identified with any one scientific discovery
- An individual who has played a critical role, over decades, in the leadership and/or mentorship or a prolific group of scientists/trainees
- Applicants falling into the categories of emeritus, academic professional (minimally at the rank of assistant professor), or industry professional can be nominated
- Nominees and nominators for this award do not need to be OTS members for a nominee to be considered
- Nominations must include at least one letter of support which addresses how the nominee represents the essence of the award outlined above
- Click here to submit a nomination; currently accepting nominations for the 2024 Lifetime Achievement Award
- Deadline to submit a nomination for the 2024 award is August 18, 2023.
- $2,500 USD award
- Complimentary registration to the OTS Annual Meeting
- Formal presentation of the award at the OTS Annual Meeting
- Keynote speaking slot at the OTS Annual Meeting
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org