Important goals of the OTS are to provide trustworthy information to the public, provide access to experts, and amplify the voice of patients. The Awards committee seeks to recognize outstanding contributions by individuals who share their scientific knowledge with the public and media, or individuals who promote patient advocacy. All applications should be underpinned by an aspiration to better connect information with the larger society.
We are pleased to announce this new award for Science Outreach or Patient Advocacy to recognize the efforts of researchers who excel in these areas.
- Any individual who is seeking to make positive change in the community through science outreach or patient advocacy can be nominated, regardless of affiliation or career status. Prior winners are not eligible.
Required application materials:
- One-page biographical sketch of the nominee
- Summary of accomplishments which detail the applicant’s most significant contributions (research, mentorship, outreach, and/or other relevant information) to the field to date
- Letter of recommendation that highlights the impact of the nominee’s outreach or advocacy
- $500 USD award & certificate
- Complimentary registration to the OTS Annual Meeting
- Feature profile on OTS social media
- Possibility to present a webinar
How to apply:
- To receive the link to apply for this award, email us at email@example.com.
- Prior winners are not eligible.
- Deadline to apply is July 19, 2022
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org