A variety of different event formats will be supported, including one-day local symposia with invited speakers, local networking events (particularly those geared towards professional development and/or junior scientists), and journal club or seminar series with internal or invited speakers. Creativity is welcomed! Examples of supported events could include:
- Local one-day symposium on oligonucleotide therapeutics or related topics
- Networking event – format could include speakers and/or poster session
- Journal club or seminar series including internal and/or external speakers
- Professional development activities such as workshops on scientific writing, CV development, alternative careers, etc. targeted specifically to researchers in academia or industry
- Women in Science or related events promoting diversity in oligonucleotide research
- Discussion panels on trends in oligonucleotide preclinical research, clinical trials, or other relevant topics
Applications will be funded based on the benefit of the activities to oligonucleotide researchers and in particular, junior scientists.