OTS Mentor Program
The Board of Directors is pleased to announce the launch of the OTS Mentor Program for our membership.
The OTS community is filled with individuals from both academia and industry in a variety of research areas. Senior members have a wealth of experience to offer to junior scientists as they train to become the next leaders in the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics.
The purpose of the Mentor Program is to connect scientific professionals at any stage of their career to support and guide the mentees’ careers. Once matched, the mentor-mentee pair can take the experience in any direction they desire, including discussion of career goals, personal development, skill enhancement, networking, introductions, and more.
The hope is that this will create a symbiotic relationship that benefits both the mentor and mentee.
Leaders from the Board of Directors have volunteered as mentors during this pilot of the program and we are seeking mentees to match them up with for the 2022-2023 term.
Why Be a Mentee:
- Create a professional support network to help guide career goals and/or personal development
- Develop your skill set
- Gain insight from a professional further ahead of you in their career
- Increase your insight in work experiences and your understanding of different approaches to navigating them
Who Can be a Mentee:
- OTS members who are currently in a PhD program or within 3 years of completion
- Any area of scientific study or focus is welcome, academic or industry
- Strongly motivated individuals with a commitment to the oligonucleotide field
Note: It is possible that not all who apply will be matched with a mentor during this pilot program.