Job ID 84723
Job Type Full-time
Experience 8 Years +
Industry Life Science
Sr. Director Operations has key responsibility and oversight for functions of the Manufacturing and Materials Management departments. Responsible for the manufacture of cGMP clinical and commercial products, ensuring all products are within the appropriate level of compliance meeting client expectations and delivered on schedule and budget. This position has a direct contribution to the development of business and/or functional strategies and responsibility for managing multiple teams of professionals at the site. The Sr. Director Operations is to assure that the company stays on schedule, meeting the demand/ revenue targets, and profitability measures that meet or exceed the goals set by executive management. The Sr. Director Operations must also ensure quality compliant, cost effective and collaborative operations of the manufacturing site.
You will be a part of the IDT leadership team and report to the operating company Sr. Vice President Global Operations.
- Work with Manufacturing Directors to ensure the prioritization of production schedules based on project timelines, resource efficiency and materials supply.
- Oversee, either directly or indirectly, Manufacturing and Materials Management investigations, CAPAs, process variances and deviations. Ensure that all Manufacturing and Materials Management owned change controls, CAPAs, and deviations are completed by the due date.
- Responsible for maintaining a smooth flow of work between departments. Keeps priority on key metrics related to service levels, deviations/ CAPA, other operational efficiencies, inventory/ distribution metrics, capital / resource utilization and for resolving interdepartmental conflicts.
- Build and maintain bridges between quality, operations and process development to ensure design concepts and specification requirements, best utilize equipment and manufacturing techniques and ensure product performance and regulatory requirements are translated to measurable and repeatable process outputs
- Accountable for operation costs and budgets, efficiency, productivity, continuous improvements, all measured through various metrics including yields, throughput efficiencies, labor and materials.
- Analyze costs and provide support for the pricing methodology to ensure profitability in product/project pricing of the various service programs.
- Responsible for meeting production goals while maintaining quality standards, management of cost, quality, and delivery and driving sustained operational improvements and results that impact Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) across the dimensions of Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost
- Participate and/or lead in the planning and coordination of production changes, product line extensions, or new product launches to ensure orderly and timely transitions in material or production flow
- Collaboratively lead with Process Development in transferring new products/processes to ensure seamless implementation of new product technology into clinical or commercial manufacturing through process engineering activities resulting in a well-defined and documented manufacturing processes.
- Identify alternate raw materials with equivalent performance to optimize cost and/or supply efficiency. Develop relationships with, and communicate regularly, with raw material suppliers to discuss specifications, sourcing, and new product options; ensure and coordinate sustained supply of all raw materials and establish anticipated growth rates for all raw materials
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in Manufacturing operations in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical manufacturing organization.
- 5+ years previous experience performing production tasks within a plant operation environment is required
- Leadership demonstrated in continuous improvement