Job ID 87217
Job Type Full-time
Experience 2 Years
Industry Life Science
Neurodegenerative diseases are one of the largest medical challenges of our time. Denali Therapeutics is a biotechnology company based in South San Francisco, California that is dedicated to defeating neurodegenerative diseases through rigorous therapeutic discovery and development. Denali is founded on the collaboration of leading scientists, industry experts, and investors who share the vision that scientific discovery energetically applied to translational medicine is the key to delivering effective therapies to patients.
We invite you to consider an opportunity with Denali to help achieve our goal of delivering meaningful therapeutics to patients.
Denali is continuing to build a leading and innovative Discovery organization that will strongly contribute to the discovery and development of novel therapeutics for neurodegenerative diseases. We are seeking an individual to design and synthesize oligonucleotide-based therapeutics across our Small Molecule Discovery and Oligonucleotide Transport Vehicle (OTV) platforms. This is an exciting and unique opportunity to contribute to multiple programs across our portfolio as we tackle a range of therapeutic drug targets.
- Design, synthesize, purify, and characterize biologically active compounds including oligonucleotides, oligonucleotide-linker conjugates, and antibody-linker-oligonucleotide bioconjugates at microgram to gram scales
- Contribute to the discovery of disease-modifying therapies for highly unmet medical needs
- Actively participate in interdisciplinary research collaborations with Denali scientists and other leading academic and industrial research groups to advance therapeutic programs through our Discovery pipeline
- Support OTV drug discovery in vitro and in vivo workflows to enable target advancement and platform optimization
- Contribute to the growth and management of our internal oligonucleotide capabilities
- Establish and manage activities at partner Contract-Research Organizations
Successful candidates will meet most of these criteria:
- Ph.D. in chemical or protein sciences with ≥4 years of biotech/biopharma experience, or MS with ≥8 years of relevant experience, or BS with ≥12 years of relevant experience
- A deep understanding and demonstrated excellence in solution- and solid-phase oligonucleotide chemistry
- Experience with oligonucleotide-linker chemistry and antibody bioconjugates is a plus
- Knowledge and experience in stage-appropriate QC/analytics relevant to oligonucleotide syntheses
- A record of scientific leadership and innovation as demonstrated by publications and patents
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to plan and achieve research goals in an organizationally diverse research environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized with the ability to effectively prioritize individual and group tasks
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state, or local protected class.
Salary Range: $142,000.00 to $174,333.00. Compensation for the role will depend on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, and experience. Denali offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes a 401k, healthcare coverage, ESPP and a broad range of other benefits. Learn more at https://www.denalitherapeutics.com/careers
*This compensation and benefits information is based on Denali’s good faith estimate as of the date of publication and may be modified in the future.
Other jobs you may like
Senior Scientist/Investigator, Oligonucleotide Chemistry, DSD Chemistry UK
- @ GSK
- England, United Kingdom, Stevenage, SG1 2NY