Job ID 84766
Senior Scientist- Gene Editing Research
We are seeking a highly motivated and outstanding individual to join our gene editing core research as a Senior Scientist. The gene editing core research team will be key component of a new drug discovery thrust at Ionis in gene editing known as I-Edit. The core research team will coordinate with other I-Edit groups in medicinal chemistry, formulation, and pharmacology research to build a cutting-edge effort in gene editing-based drug discovery for Ionis that will integrate with our existing antisense efforts. The selected candidate will lead projects to advance our understanding of CRISPR technologies and generate new gene editing tools for therapeutics. The successful candidate will be an innovative and critical thinker with proven records for research excellence. It is expected that the candidate will be highly productive in a fast-paced, interactive, and innovative environment. This position offers a unique opportunity to conduct experiments in a rich drug discovery environment and produce original research for publication.
- Ph.D. in epigenetics, transcriptional regulation, or related field
- Expertise in manipulating gene expression in cell-based assays
- Strong background in molecular and cellular biology
- Gene editing experience is preferred
- Excellent publication record
- High degree of ownership and accountability and the ability to work with minimal supervision and a high level of initiative
- Highest scientific and technical standards for the successful completion of projects
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills to ensure execution of studies within program timelines, data interpretation, and reporting.
- Intimate knowledge or direct experience with computational/bioinformatics tools used for NGS analysis is a plus
Excellent salary and benefits package offered.
For more information about Ionis and to apply for this position, please visit our website, www.ionispharma.com. Reference Requisition #IONIS002893
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. PRINCIPALS ONLY.
Ionis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and all its subsidiaries are proud to be EEO employers.