Job Type Full-time
Industry Life Science
For a drug discovery and development CRO based in South of France, we are looking for a:
SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST M/F
EXPERT IN ANTISENSE OLIGONUCLEOTIDES AND siRNA THERAPEUTICS
Within the Chemistry Department, you will work in collaboration with clients on oligonucleotide therapeutics projects and transversally within the nucleotides and peptides platform ; you must therefore be capable of managing the rational design and synthesis of final bioactive oligonucleotides within your team of chemists while reporting to your Group Leader.
- Independently designs and implements scientific strategies relating to the research and development of antisense oligonucleotide and siRNA therapeutics. Contributes to multiple projects, either as a project team leader or acting as senior scientific consultant providing key technical knowledge to a project team.
- Plays a leading role in the identification, development, validation and implementation of both current and next-generation delivery technologies to enable proprietary ASOs and siRNA therapeutic development including purchase and installation of hardware and software supporting synthesis, purification, and characterization of oligonucleotides
- Executes or directs conjugation of targeting ligands to oligonucleotides in the lab and/or through effective management of external CRO teams
- Demonstrates working knowledge of techniques aimed at producing novel conjugates of oligonucleotides, peptides, small molecules, and proteins
- Build and lead a small internal team of chemists and manage external CRO workstreams if needed.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the chemistry of nucleosides, nucleotides, and oligonucleotides as applied to both antisense oligo and siRNA technology within a multi-disciplinary drug discovery
- Maintains a current appreciation of the scientific literature and understanding of the state of the art in ASOs and siRNA chemistry, purification, and screening strategies
- Demonstrates inter-disciplinary knowledge of drug discovery (in vitro/in vivo pharmacology, ADME, PK/PD, translational research & toxicology).
- Demonstrates strong analytical; and bioanalytical skills to characterize oligonucleotides and their conjugates using a variety of techniques including but not limited to LC-UV- HRMS, SEC/SAX/IPRP, Gel based methods, fluorophore
- Proven track record of scientific contributions in oligonucleotide and conjugates research as evidenced by quality and quantity of publications/presentations/patent applications and/or the identification of preclinical development
- In this laboratory-based position, the successful candidate will partner with both internal and external chemistry teams to generate innovative solutions to synthetic and drug design challenges within the context of nucleic acid drug discovery projects.
- She/he will maintain close interactions with computer assisted design scientists, biologists, pharmacologists, and pharmaceutical development scientists. Strong people skills and the ability to thrive in a team and goal driven environment are key attributes
- This individual must also excel in communication and have strong interpersonal skills necessary to influence in a collaborative multidisciplinary
Education And Experience
PhD in Oligonucleotide Chemistry with 8-10 years of relevant experience in a drug discovery and development environment.
- Strong practical knowledge of design, synthesis, and purification of nucleic
- Understanding of the state of the art of oligonucleotide chemistry including the associated instrumentation and technologies with the knowledge to make suitable proposals for investment in order to expand
- Experience in scale-up manufacturing would be a
- Excellent project, time management, and problem-solving
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills, including ability to work across functional
- Ability to select and manage third-party vendors and collaborators, communicate technical information and work with all levels and functions within the
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including making effective and compelling presentations in both large and small groups and communicating complex scientific and nonscientific issues to program
- Ability to critically evaluate, summarize, interpret
- Understand published scientific literature outside of his/her immediate area of expertise and appropriately apply this understanding to company aspects
- Prepare manuscripts and other documents for publication
If you want to join a dynamic CRO, please upload your cover letter and resume to : //www.acavi.fr/offres-emploi/job/CS120821-040-ACA/chercheur-senior-en-chimie-medicinale- des-oligonucleotides-hf