Job Type Full-time
The position is for 12 months with options for renewable and/or future recruitment by Inserm, CNRS or Aix-Marseille University. The salary is dependent on the candidate’s experience. The candidate will work on collaborative project between CRCM based at Centre Européen de Recherche en Imagerie Médicale (Cerimed) located at Marseille Faculty of Medicine (Timone) and the Centre interdisciplinaire des nanosciences de Marseille (CiNaM) located in Luminy.
The selected candidate will be responsible to carrying experiments to develop a novel nucleolipids-based nanocarrier functionalized with targeting moieties (PMSA) for co-delivering radionuclides and antisense oligonucleotide in order to improve anti-tumor effects molecular radiotherapy in PCa. Synthesis will be done using a K&A laborgeraete automated synthesizer. High expertise of ODNs synthesis and purification (HPLC, LCMS) is required as well as a good experience in organic synthesis. The experiments will reinforce both existing patents in the nanotechnological field as well as French and international collaborations. The candidate will work on collaborative project between CRCM and the Centre interdisciplinaire des nanosciences de Marseille (CiNaM) located in Luminy.
The selected candidate will be responsible to develop pre-clinical evaluation of using nanovectorized antisens in order to licence 3 related international patents with industrial partner. The selected candidate will manage master and PhD students that will work on the project.
- Design and implementation of scientific strategies for the development of antisense oligonucleotide therapeutics.
- Conjugation of targeting ligands to oligonucleotides design thereof (theranostic), demonstrate abilities in producing novel oligonucleotides, peptides.
- Strong understanding of nucleosides, nucleotides, and oligonucleotides chemistry.
- Knowledge of the state of the art in ASOs chemistry, inter-disciplinary knowledge of drug discovery.
- Strong analytical and bioanalytical skills to characterize oligonucleotides and their conjugates using a variety of techniques including NMR, HPLC, DLS, SEC, UV-Vis etc.
- ODNs K&A laborgeraete automated synthesizer or related apparatus.
- Excel in communication and strong interpersonal skills necessary to work in a collaborative multidisciplinary environment.
Education and Experience
- PhD in oligonucleotide chemistry and organic chemistry with relevant experience in drug discovery evidenced by of publications/presentations/patent applications in the field.
- Strong practical knowledge of design, synthesis, purification of nucleic acids, oligonucleotides.
- Experience in scale-up and nano-formulation knowledge would be a plus.
- Excellent time management, project, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, preparation of manuscripts, reports and other document for publication and presentations. A
- Abilities in interpreting data, presenting results.
Please send a CV with the name of 3 referees and a motivation letter containing a summary of your current research and your scientific interests to Drs Palma Rocchi (firstname.lastname@example.org), Michel Camplo (email@example.com) Pr Jean-Manuel Raimundo (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Other jobs you may like
- @ Cornell University, Weill Cornell Medicine
- New York, United States, 1300 York Avenue, Box 70, New York, NY 10065