Position Summary/About the Team:
The Scientist Oligonucleotide Chemistry will assist in discovery and scale-up activities related to oligonucleotides, specifically of multiple compounds at the milligram scale and single compounds at the gram scale. This individual must have experience in oligonucleotide synthesis.
Essential Functions / Responsibilities:
- Synthesis, deprotection, purification, desalting and lyophilization of oligonucleotides to support projects in multiple disease areas.
- Track progress against project timelines, generate regular status updates, and communicate progress and problems at team meetings.
- Conduct laboratory work in an efficient manner that ensures a safe working environment for yourself and your colleagues.
- Possess an excellent work ethic with the ability to work as part of a team.
- Maintain a well-documented laboratory notebook and follow the safe laboratory practices.
- Multi-task across several projects and manage time effectively to achieve results.
- Analyze and interpret data.
- Operate and maintain lab instruments such as HPLC/UHPLC, LC/MS, tangential flow filtration (TFF) system and UV-Vis spectrophotometer.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Required Education and Experience
- Hands-on experience using oligo laboratory instruments like MM12, MM48, expedite, AKTA oligo Pilot (OP-100), Akta Pür 150 M, Ultrafiltration, and routine laboratory instruments such as HPLC, LC-MS and UV spectrophotometer.
- PhD in Chemistry with at least 1-2 years of direct post-degree experience in oligonucleotide chemistry -or- MS in Chemistry with at least 5 years of direct post-degree experience in oligonucleotide chemistry.
- Strong knowledge of Oligonucleotide Synthesis, Deprotection and Purification techniques.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications/Competencies
- Experience in oligonucleotide process development and scale up with a working knowledge of Unicorn software is desirable.
- Ability to adapt quickly, succeed in a team environment and learn new tasks independently.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, ability to build productive internal/external working relationships with cross-functional teams.
- The successful candidate must be flexible and adaptable to the needs of a small company.
- It is expected that the employee is able to sit/stand at a desk and have full use of a computer through its standard input devices (e.g., mouse and keyboard).
Aligos Therapeutics, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants based upon any protected group status, including but not limited to race, religion, color, creed, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender identity/gender expression, pregnancy (including childbirth and related conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability or medical condition as defined by applicable equal opportunity laws.
Send application to email@example.com