Job ID 84939
Job Type Full-time
Industry Life Science
Building on our founders’ Nobel-prize winning discoveries in RNA interference, Atalanta Therapeutics is developing novel branched siRNA therapeutics to treat severe neurological diseases at the root cause. With two active partnerships with large biopharmaceutical companies plus a robust internal pipeline, Atalanta is poised to make a difference in patients’ lives. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s vibrant Seaport district near South Station.
Atalanta is seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist who thrives in a team-oriented and cross-disciplinary small biotech environment to join our Neuroscience Biology team. This individual will have the opportunity to apply expertise in cell biological models of neurodegenerative diseases to develop new therapies. S/he will design and execute assays to assess CNS cell function and dissect lead compounds’ mechanism of action. This individual will also be responsible for providing their expertise to a dynamic research team consisting of neuroscience, in vivo pharmacology, molecular pharmacology, siRNA chemistry, and bioinformatics experts.
- Rigorously conceptualize, validate, and execute in vitro assays to probe disease-relevant CNS cell biology. This includes but is not limited to transcriptional, imaging, biochemical, and metabolic functional endpoints.
- Collaborate with colleagues in molecular pharmacology to develop and utilize novel cellular models of disease.
- Act within cross-functional teams to provide subject matter expertise in CNS cell biology and drive projects towards critical go/no-go decisions.
- Independently analyze and interpret data, carefully document experiments, and present results within the company.
- Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Neuroscience, or related field with a minimum of 0-2 years of industry and/or post-doctoral experience.
- Strong background in one or more facets of cell biology, particularly neurobiology and neuroimmunology.
- Demonstrated experience conceptualizing, designing, establishing, and executing functional and/or biochemical assays in CNS cell models.
- Experience culturing and utilizing iPSC-derived CNS cell models.
- Desire to act as an independent thought leader and contribute as part of a highly matrixed team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including to non-experts, and attention to detail.
- Experience with protein-based assays such as Western blot, ELISA, and flow cytometry.
- Experience with CRISPR gene-editing and recombinant DNA technologies, including in iPSCs.
**Please submit your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the position in the subject line**
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.