Job ID 84823
Elsie is looking to hire a Scientist to join its research team in San Diego, California. This is an ideal position for researcher with a background in biochemistry or chemistry and early drug development who thrives in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and cross disciplinary biotechnology environment. This candidate will have a hands-on-role and will contribute to all phases of discovery research to support the development of optimized nucleic acid therapies.
Our ideal candidate will bring a wide breadth of experience from solid phase synthesis (SPOS) to experimentation with synthesized biopolymers. In this role, you will work closely with other teams to design and optimize sequence and chemistry of next generation oligonucleotide therapeutics. Experience in oligonucleotide synthesis and organic chemistry is a plus.
Elsie offers competitive compensation, benefits, and stock options. More importantly, we offer an outstanding opportunity to join, contribute to, grow with, and excel in our dynamic start-up culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected categories.
Send your cover letter and resume for immediate consideration
· Designing, planning, troubleshooting, and analyzing a broad range of chemical and biochemical problems.
· Maintaining and operating equipment (Oligonucleotide synthesizer, UPLC/MS, FPLC, etc.)
· Wet lab chemistry (standard organic synthesis, synthesis of nucleosides, linker/solid-support synthesis)
· SPOS and oligonucleotide handling (purification, analysis, etc.)
· Analyzing, documenting, and regularly presenting scientific data to the team
· Keeping up to date with scientific literature to implement learnings in experimental design
· Basic biochemical manipulations, screening, and selections
Required Qualifications and Experience:
· Ph.D. degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Biology
· Familiarity with Solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis (SPOS)
· Post SPOS handling of oligonucleotides (cleavage, desalting, purification, etc.)
· Wet lab chemistry techniques
· Hands on experience in HPLC analysis and purification (RP, IPRP, SEC, IEX, HIC)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
· Familiarity with chemically modified oligonucleotides
· Ability to work with a sense of urgency and positive, can-do attitude
· Independent thinker with demonstrated leadership skills
· Demonstrated leadership/management experience is a plus.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as strong organizational and problem-solving abilities.