Job Type Full-time
VelocImmune (VI) Next is an innovative group that focuses on development of groundbreaking technologies and platforms. We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist in the Oligo Therapy group of VI-Next to support our mRNA vaccine efforts across Regeneron. Major responsibilities in this position will include (but not limited to): designing, sequence optimization, production, purification and characterization (expression, stability, purity and immunogenicity) of mRNA vaccine candidates. The successful candidate will work closely with other departments to carry out UTR/ORF sequence optimization, codon optimization, chemical modification and transcription optimization to develop mRNA vaccine candidates.
As a Scientist in VI-Next’s nucleic acid therapy core group, key responsibilities will include (not limited to)
- Optimize sequence components of mRNA molecules for high antigen expression and stability: codon optimization, UTR/ORF designs, chemical modifications
- Establish, optimize, and innovate processes for in vitro production and purification of mRNA for discovery and therapeutic applications.
- Contribute to the development of analytical characterization methods for mRNA molecules.
- Collaborate with therapeutic focused groups to characterize and optimize construct designs based on functional activity in various in vitro and in vivo models.
- Keeping organized record, summarize experimental data, and present them to audience with various backgrounds.
- Work with multiple groups simultaneously on multiple different projects.
- Meeting the timelines for reagent development.
This role might be for you if:
- You enjoy working in an innovation driven, highly collaborative and fast paced environment
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills.
- You have keen attention to detail.
- You possess strong organizational and time-management skills.
- You are able to effectively balance multiple projects independently and across groups.
To be considered for this opportunity, you must have a PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field with 1-3 years of hands-on experience of working with mRNA technology. In depth knowledge of mRNA transcription, translation and design is required. Experience with IVT production, chemical modification and purification of mRNA is needed. Experience with cell culture, flow-cytometry and fluorescence microscopy is a plus. Ability to innovate and think out-of-the-box is necessary for this role
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.
(O1 visa may be sponsored for exceptional and eligible candidates)