What’s happening at Entrada Therapeutics? Our mission is simple and direct and that is to treat devastating diseases. Using our proprietary Endosomal Escape Vehicle (EEV) platform, we are advancing a diverse pipeline of oligonucleotide, enzyme, protein and peptide programs to efficiently engage intracellular targets across multiple therapeutic areas. We’re a tight-knit team of experts and leaders in both therapeutics development and rare disease spaces — our novel approach to drug design and delivery addresses several important challenges associated with the development of large and small molecule therapeutics, and represents a fundamental advancement in the field of intracellular therapeutics delivery.
With backing from 5AM Ventures, MPM Capital, Roche Venture Fund, MRL Ventures Fund and Agent Capital, Entrada Therapeutics is excited to grow and attract colleagues who are ready to join a high energy, dedicated team that likes to get things done and dramatically improve the lives of patients and their families.
The perfect fit:
You should be versatile, self-motivated, and looking forward to rolling up your sleeves, as you will be involved in all aspects of antisense oligonucleotides and small interfering ribonucleotide therapeutics, specifically, designing and optimizing oligonucleotide constructs. You will support our drug discovery and other teams as we develop oligonucleotide-based pipelines to treat some of the world’s most challenging diseases. I hope you enjoy contributing to scientific publications and regulatory submissions, you will get to do some of that too. You should be excited to mentor and train our more junior scientists, our team is all about learning and growing with the company!
In this role you will be responsible for designing, screening, and optimizing oligonucleotide sequences for DNA and RNA targets. You will develop and execute the building and interrogation of complex in vitro assay systems to model rare disease pathogenesis for drug discovery efforts in different diseases like neuromuscular. You will also be developing and executing cell-based assays for validating biological activity of oligonucleotide therapeutics in vitro, along with processing and analyzing samples from in vitro and in vivo PK/PD studies. In tandem, you will prepare SOPs and other reports for assay development and validation. During internal and external meetings, you should be ready to interpret and present research data and findings, you will also have the opportunity to contribute to patents, reports and scientific publications.
At Entrada, our passion for science, our devotion to patients and our values drive our behavior:
Humanity- We genuinely care about patients and about one another
Tenacity- We are relentless and persistent in the pursuit of developing therapies for patients
Creativity- We are creative problem solvers
Collaboration- We are more than the sum of our parts
Curiosity- We have a growth mindset and push conventional thought and theory
To thrive on our team, you will need to come with:
- Your Ph.D. in biochemistry, biology, or a related field along with at least 3 years of post doc experience will have you ready to perform at your best with us
- We would like you to have experience with designing and screening oligonucleotides in vitro using patient-derived cells or constructed cellular model
- We hope you have experience with designing effective splice-switching antisense oligonucleotides for exon skipping and exon inclusion. It would also help to have experience in cell culture, including things like working with complex cell types, but by no means is it mandatory
- To be effective on our team, we need you to have excellent communication skills and thrive in collaborative environments
- We are solving tough problems, so we would love to hear about how you have tackled this in the past
- Entrada’s a fast-paced environment, so being able to multitask to help us meet our research and development goals would be necessary
- We like to have fun too, so a positive attitude is a must have!