Job ID 89148
Job Type Full-time
Industry Life Science
Qualifications Degree Bachelor
Research Associate, Oligo Synthesis (Gene Editing) – Click link to review full job description description.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE, OLIGONUCLEOTIDE SYNTHESIS (GENE EDITING)
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to join our dynamic team focusing on oligonucleotide synthesis. The ideal candidate will be involved in synthesizing, purifying, and characterizing oligonucleotides to support our research and development efforts in CRISPR focused gene editing. This role requires a strong background in oligonucleotide synthesis or nucleic acid chemistry, attention to detail, and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Oligonucleotide Synthesis:
- Operate and maintain automated synthesizers for the production of DNA/RNA oligonucleotides.
- Optimize synthesis protocols and scales according to project needs.
- Troubleshoot synthesis issues and implement improvements.
- Purify oligonucleotides using various techniques such as HPLC, PAGE, or other relevant methods.
- Research and Development:
- Keep up-to-date with scientific literature and advancements in oligonucleotide technology.
- Participate in the development of new methods and technologies for oligonucleotide synthesis and analysis.
- Maintain accurate and detailed laboratory records in accordance with company policies and regulatory requirements.
- Communicate findings and progress in team meetings and to project leaders.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related field.
- Strong hands-on experience with oligonucleotide synthesis equipment and analytical techniques. Working knowledge of a Dr. Oligo Synthesizer a bonus.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.