Job ID 88171
Job Type Full-time
In your new role you will apply your background in oligonucleotides and interest in new modalities to drive research teams as a project leader in an international environment with the ambition to improve patients’ lives.The mission of the Department of Medicinal Chemistry is to deliver high-quality, first-in-class drug candidates within competitive timelines.
It is our ambition to strongly contribute to new therapeutic concepts and modalities for any target of interest and we strive for excellence in drug design and synthesis as well as world class expertise in lead identification & optimization.
This position is part time eligible with >50 %.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As Principal Scientist – Oligonucleotides in Medicinal Chemistry you will lead interdisciplinary, highly collaborative global research teams working to advance drug discovery projects.
- You will drive oligonucleotide-based drug discovery programs from ideation to development candidate.
- This will include the analysis of data sets, the design of biologically active therapeutic oligonucleotide-based compounds and the coordination of external synthesis activities.
- You will contribute to the modality selection for novel targets and in the further advancement of oligonucleotide-based therapeutics.
- In addition, you will foster team science and empowerment.
- You will discuss, present, and publish research results and coach junior chemists.
- Doctoral degree in organic, medicinal chemistry or related fields with several years of industrial experience in oligonucleotide science, alternatively master´s degree with long-term professional experience
- Proven leadership skills either as project leader or as disciplinary lead in line functions
- Knowledge on modern synthetic methods and track-record in RNAi-based drug discovery
- Experience with drug conjugates and linker chemistry is a plus
- Team-oriented and collegial attitude with profound communication skills
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English as well as willingness to adopt a basic command of the German language
Ready to contact us?
Please contact our HR Direct Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-3330.
Step 1: Online application – application deadline is 15.09.2023
Step 2: Virtual meeting mid-September
Step 3: On-site interviews in the second week of October
Discover our Biberach site: xplorebiberach.com