Job ID 88208
Job Type Full-time
Experience 6 Years
Industry Life Science
Currently partnering with a biotech at the forefront of innovation in the RNA Therapeutics space to hire a Principal Scientist/Associate Director to lead in preclinical studies for their best-in-class suite of therapeutics targeted at Muscular Dystrophy. This startup is exceptionally well-supported and positioned for monumental success, having already secured a major pharma collaboration for this program.
Reporting directly to the VP of Discovery, you will play a key role in evaluating lead compounds for efficacy, safety, and PK. A large portion of this role will involve developing novel in vitro assays to assess safety of these compounds as well as designing/overseeing in vivo studies through CROs.
- Execute pharmacology and preclinical studies to assess efficacy and safety of lead candidates
- Develop novel assays; particularly assays to assess safety, toxicity, and on/off target effects
- Manage and oversee relationships with CROs and external partners
- Excel in a highly collaborative startup environment
- PhD with 6+ years industry experience
- Expertise with Muscular Dystrophy Research required (i.e. DMD, FSHD, etc.)
- Experience evaluating the efficacy, safety, and PK of RNA therapeutics or other modalities via a wide array of both in vivo and in vitro assays; proven expertise in novel assay development
- Experience with nucleic acid therapeutic discovery would be a plus but not required
Full compensation package to include generous company equity and competitive benefits package. Relocation Assistance to the Greater-DC area available for non-local candidates