At Eisai, satisfying unmet medical needs and increasing the benefits healthcare provides to patients, their families, and caregivers is Eisai’s human health care (hhc) mission. We’re a growing pharmaceutical company that is breaking through in neurology and oncology, with a strong emphasis on research and development. Our history includes the development of many innovative medicines, notably the discovery of the world’s most widely-used treatment for Alzheimer’s disease. As we continue to expand, we are seeking highly-motivated individuals who want to work in a fast-paced environment and make a difference. If this is your profile, we want to hear from you.
We are seeking to fill an Analytical Chemistry position in the Precision Chemistry Department of our Neurology Business Group. This position requires outstanding demonstrated expertise in the purification and characterization of oligonucleotides. The successful candidate is expected to work independently to identify and solve project related problems. Additionally, demonstrated ability to apply expertise in analytical chemistry methodology to address biological problems is preferred. This position works closely with medicinal chemists and assay development scientists in a project setting. Strong communication skills are required, and a broad understanding of the drug discovery process is a plus.
- Develop new methods to analyze and purify oligonucleotides utilizing a variety of chromatography techniques from milligram to gram scale. (Purification experience with a range of compound types—traditional small molecules, macrocycles, peptides, oligonucleotides, and other new modalities is also preferred.)
- Review and make improvements to current processes for the purification of oligonucleotides
- Conduct thermal melt experiments to characterize synthetic oligonucleotides.
- Assess in-house equipment and propose/assess outside technologies that can benefit discovery projects
- Work closely with synthetic chemists to identify and solve significant project-related problems
- Analyze, interpret, and deliver results in timely fashion
- Design and execute experiments with a high level of independence
- Drive collaboration across research groups and communicate results to colleagues within project context
- Communicate effectively with internal and external collaborators to achieve project objectives
- PhD in analytical chemistry and 7+ years of industry experience
- Up-to-date knowledge of modern chromatography (normal phase, reverse-phase, chiral) and mass spectrometry
- Proficiency in analytical method development and compound purification
- Experience in oligonucleotide purification
- Experience with HIC and ion-exchange chromatography is a plus
- Familiarity with Waters, Agilent HPLCs and associated software.
- Experience with other analytical methods is a plus (e.g. NMR, DSF, SPR, ITC)
Eisai is an equal opportunity employer and as such, is committed in policy and in practice to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. Similarly, considering the need for reasonable accommodations, Eisai prohibits discrimination against persons because of disability, including disabled veterans.
Eisai Inc. participates in E-Verify. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security in partnership with the Social Security Administration that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of all new hires in the United States. Please click on the following link for more information: