Job ID 88062
Job Type Full-time
How to Apply
Please submit the following application materials to Dr. Guizhi Zhu: email@example.com
- A summary of previous research experience
- A brief statement of future research interests and career goals
- Contact information for three letters of reference
The University of Michigan has multiple full-time openings for Postdoctoral Research Fellows, graduate assistants, and research scientists within Dr. Guizhi (Julian) Zhu Lab in Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Biointerfaces Institute.
With the overarching goal to develop novel and clinically translatable immunotherapeutics and vaccines, Zhu Lab’s research interest lies at the interface of RNA/DNA/protein chemistry and engineering, immunology, and applied chemistry and biomaterials. Our current focus is to develop nucleic acid immunotherapeutics/vaccines and their delivery systems, for the prophylaxis and immunotherapy of cancer, infectious diseases, and autoimmune disorders. We have published 100 papers including research articles in Science Advances, Nature Communications, and PNAS.
Our research has been supported by $10 million external funding from National Institutes of Health (NIH), Department of Defense (DoD), American Cancer Society (ACS), among others.
Our lab is a vibrant research community that values intellectual innovation, teamwork, scientific excellence, and career development.
As a postdoc, you will work on cutting-edge projects: Tackle challenging scientific questions related to nucleic acid therapeutics and vaccines and contribute to the development of novel disease treatments and preventive measures. Collaborate with experts: Engage in interdisciplinary collaborations within the lab and with leading researchers in the University of Michigan and worldwide. Benefit from the diverse expertise and perspectives to accelerate your scientific growth. Access state-of-the-art facilities: Leverage the advanced infrastructure in the lab and institution, including modern laboratories, cutting-edge equipment and expertise, and resources, to conduct your research effectively and efficiently. Publish and present your work: Dr. Zhu’s lab encourages the dissemination of research findings through high-impact publications and presentations at national and international conferences, ensuring your work reaches a wide audience.
Lead research projects and work with the team on research projects, train graduate students and undergraduate students, writing manuscripts and assist in writing research proposals, and other duties required for regular lab management and research development.
- Candidates must hold a Ph.D. or equivalent degree in a relevant scientific discipline. Expertise in one or multiple of the following fields are desirable: nucleic acid chemistry/engineering/delivery, immunotherapy or vaccine development, gene editing, drug delivery, or related areas;
- Strong motivation and down-to-earth attitude for scientific innovation and drug/vaccine/technology development;
- Independent analytical and problem-solving skills: Ability to think critically, design experiments, analyze and interpretate data, and troubleshoot experimental challenges;
- Communication and teamwork: Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a diverse team environment.
The University of Michigan is a leading research institution known for its exceptional academic programs, cutting-edge research facilities, and vibrant campus life. University of Michigan is ranked #33 in QS World University Rankings 2024. University of Michigan School of Pharmacy has long been ranked top 3 in the US.
The city of Ann Arbor, the university’s home, offers a welcoming and intellectually stimulating environment. Ann Arbor is the most educated city in the US. Ann Arbor has been ranked a top 1-8 best city for living in the US in the past 5 years. Living in Ann Arbor is featured with great safety.
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.