Job ID 86654
Job Type Full-time
Position Summary: The Head of Medicinal Chemistry, Oligonucleotides will be accountable for platform strategy and building the medicinal chemistry platform for RNA editing at Korro. The incumbent will be part of the Platform Leadership Team and is expected to work collaboratively with a multi-disciplinary team to support the progression of oligonucleotide based therapeutic modalities from early platform stage to clinic. We are searching for an enthusiastic individual who is self-driven with a proven track record of scientific excellence with demonstrated success in leading and developing a large scientific team at all levels, as well as platform leadership.
- Define project-related medicinal chemistry strategies and overall strategies for highly innovative drug discovery projects from target ID to hit identification, lead selection, and candidate nomination
- Be an integral part of platform leadership team and lead all the chemistry related efforts to secure key project milestones
- Define medicinal chemistry strategy and clearly articulate the plans with risk mitigation steps.
- Proven ability as a leader in coaching and providing feedback and directions to enable employee development and growth
- Provide guidance to internal and external medicinal chemists and support all aspects of oligonucleotide operation including small, medium and large-scale synthesis.
- Strong organizational leadership skills and dynamic range with a proven track record in setting vision and strategy while managing the day-to-day tactical responsibilities
- Excellent communication and collaborative leadership skills with the ability to influence key stakeholders and provide direction to direct and indirect reports, at all levels.
- PhD in Organic Chemistry with 10+ years of experience in oligonucleotide chemistry or small molecule medicinal chemistry in a drug discovery setting
Other Knowledge, Experience or Skills recommended:
- Experience in oligonucleotide chemistry or nucleoside/nucleotide chemistry is a plus.
- Strong change and learning agility with a proven history of bringing new ideas and creativity, both scientifically and strategically
- Demonstrated ability to be nimble and thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic culture and environment
- Energetic, motivational, and positive leader, who is experienced in bringing out the best in others and leveraging capabilities to advance the organization’s mission
Benefits: Korro offers competitive compensation, including equity-based compensation, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, life insurance, a dependent care flexible spending account and a Company-funded health savings account and free parking.