Job Type Full-time
Experience 2 Years
Sirnaomics, Inc. is a leading clinical stage biopharmaceutical company in the discovery and development of RNAi therapeutics for treatment of cancer and fibrotic diseases. We are seeking candidates to fill the newly created position of Drug Delivery Chemist in our headquarters in Gaithersburg, MD.
The successful candidate will provide synthetic support for RNAi drug R&D projects in a dynamic lab setting, where both discovery and process chemistry projects are on-going. Specifically, this person will design and conduct the synthesis, purification and characterization of oligonucleotide small molecule conjugates, or similar activities, and contribute to the development of novel siRNA drug delivery design.
To be considered for this position, the well qualified candidate will hold an advanced degree (PhD/MS or equivalent) in RNA and/or DNA Chemistry, Organic Chemistry, Biochemistry, Nanotechnology or equivalent scientific discipline, and have two or more years of experience in conjugation chemistry applied to biological systems. This person’s background will also include:
- Knowledge of Oligonucleotide conjugation;
- Synthesis experience in small organic molecules (experience in galactose derivatives and peptide chemistry will be a strong plus);
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge in organic and nucleic acid chemistry;
- Experience in analytical methods such as NMR, HPLC, LCMS, UV-vis and IR;
- Broad experience in purification techniques such as revers phase, GPC, IEX chromatography, preparative HPLC;
- Proven scientific and technical ability to design and execute synthetic route, product purification, optimization of chemistry, and analysis and present data.
Sirnaomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and offers a fast paced/dynamic environment, growth opportunity, competitive compensation and a full benefits program.
For consideration, please submit your resume to Talent@Sirnaomics.com and reference 21-033. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.