Job ID 86958
Job Type Full-time
Experience 8 Years +
Industry Life Science
Building on our founders’ Nobel-prize winning discoveries in RNA interference, Atalanta Therapeutics is developing novel branched siRNA therapeutics to treat severe neurological diseases at the root cause. With two active partnerships with large biopharmaceutical companies plus a robust and growing internal pipeline, Atalanta is poised to make a difference in patients’ lives. Atalanta fosters a culture of integrity, respect, collaboration, opportunity, learning, and fun. We are located in Boston’s vibrant Seaport district near South Station.
Atalanta is seeking a highly experienced and motivated scientific leader with a strong background in translational neuroscience and drug discovery to join the Neuroscience team. Reporting to the VP of Neuroscience, this individual will contribute to shaping discovery and development of novel siRNAs to treat serious neurological diseases of major unmet need. This individual will have the opportunity and responsibility to plan translational studies for lead indications to lead internal / external cross-functional teams to develop new programs, and to contribute strategic perspective to the evaluation of new programs. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in rare diseases, genetics, translational biology, and drug discovery, with a proven track record of leading project teams in a highly collaborative and multidisciplinary environment. This position represents a unique opportunity for a talented Biologist/Neurologist to join a dynamic team and make a significant impact on advancing our science into the clinic and on the success of the company.
- Represent the company to external partners and advisors to understand clinical landscapes and develop translational strategies for multiple lead programs, with particular emphasis on genetically-driven rare disease and on genetic subsets of common disease.
- Work in close partnership with colleagues to initiate new programs that support the growth of Atalanta’s internal drug discovery efforts from target to the clinic.
- Lead cross-functional external collaborations to execute Atalanta’s R&D strategy and meet company milestones.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills including engagement with the neuroscience research community.
- Contribute to publications, presentations, and regulatory filings.
- A Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Neurobiology, Genetics, or related field, or an M.D. with equivalent expertise, with a minimum of 10 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience with rare disease drug discovery and development, particularly including target prioritization, biomarker strategy, , and engagement with key opinion leaders. Experience in the field of neuroscience is preferred.
- Experience leading cross-functional projects and external collaborations with academics and nonprofits in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience using modern genetic resources to prioritize new targets, indications, and target patient populations.
- Excellent organizational, leadership, and communication skills (oral and written) and attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm to help develop novel therapeutics targeting neurological diseases with a high unmet medical need.
- Demonstrated active engagement in research demonstrated through publications, presentations and patents.
Please submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the title of the position in the subject line
Atalanta is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person’s race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Other jobs you may like
Associate Scientist II/Senior Associate Scientist, Translational Biology
- @ www.atalantatx.com
- 51 Sleeper Street, Boston, MA 02210