The Dr. Alan M. Gewirtz Memorial Scholarship supports outstanding new scientists and recognizes their contributions in the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics. OTS created the Dr. Alan M. Gewirtz Memorial Scholarship in 2011 as a tribute to his life and work. Dr. Gewirtz was very influential in the field of oligonucleotides as well as in the establishment of the OTS. His passing in November 2010 inspired the society to create the scholarship in his honor.
The recipient receives:
- $2,000 award
- Complimentary registration to the OTS Annual Meeting
- Formal presentation of the award at the OTS Annual Meeting
- Short talk speaking slot at the OTS Annual Meeting
Required materials include:
– Applicant’s current contact information and affiliation
– Summary of accomplishments (one page or less)
– Current CV (date on which the advanced degree was awarded must be provided)
-A letter of recommendation, preferably from the nominee’s previous mentor(s).
- Be a current member of OTS
- Be a current graduate student or postdoc
- For postdoctoral applicants, eligibility is limited to the first five years after receiving PhD or MD degree
- Be active in research at the time the award is given
- Attend the current year’s Annual Meeting and present a 15 minute short talk on his or her research
- Prior winners are not eligible
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply you must first register for the current year’s annual meeting, then you will be emailed a link to the online submission portal where you can apply for the award. If you are not yet a current OTS member, you can purchase a membership during your meeting registration.
If you have questions, please e-mail email@example.com.
Congratulations to the Winner of the OTS Dr. Alan M. Gewirtz Memorial Scholarship Award!