The Dr. Alan M. Gewirtz Memorial Scholarship supports outstanding new scientists and recognizes their contributions in the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics. OTS created the Dr. Alan M. Gewirtz Memorial Scholarship in 2011 as a tribute to his life and work. Dr. Gewirtz was very influential in the field of oligonucleotides as well as in the establishment of the OTS. His passing in November 2010 inspired the society to create the scholarship in his honor.
Past Scholarship Recipients
2013: Guizhi Zhu, PhD, University of Florida
2012: Christopher J. Cheng, PhD, Yale University
2011: Aurelie Goyenvalle, PhD, University of Oxford
The recipient receives:
- $2,000 award
- Complimentary registration to the OTS Annual Meeting
- Formal award presentation at the OTS Annual Meeting
- Be active in research at the time the award is given.
- Be a graduate student, post doctorate, or post-doctoral fellow, currently or within two years.
- Prior winners are not eligible.
Required materials include:
- One nomination letter from the nominee’s current (or former) institution
- One letter of recommendation from a current or previous supervisor
- Current CV
- Publication list
- Nominees do not need to be OTS members.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- No person may nominate more than one candidate.
- Current OTS officers are ineligible for nomination.
Please e-mail completed application packets or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.