Dr. Alan M. Gewirtz Memorial Scholarship
Supported by AUM LifeTech, Inc and private donations from Dr. David Corey and Dr. Rudy Juliano
The Dr. Alan M. Gewirtz Memorial Scholarship supports outstanding new scientists and recognizes their contributions in the field of oligonucleotide therapeutics.
OTS created the Dr. Alan M. Gewirtz Memorial Scholarship in 2011 as a tribute to his life and work. Dr. Gewirtz was very influential in the field of oligonucleotides as well as in the establishment of the OTS. His passing in November 2010 inspired the society to create this scholarship in his honor.
2013 Scholarship Recipient
Guizhi Zhu, PhD, University of Florida
- Be active in research at the time the award is given.
- Be a graduate student, post doctorate, or post-doctoral fellow, currently or within two years.
- Prior winners are not eligible.
The recipient receives:
- $2,000 award
- Complimentary registration to the OTS Annual Meeting
- The OTS President presents the prize at the OTS annual meeting
- Nominees do not need to be OTS members.
- Self-nomination is not permitted.
- No person may nominate more than one candidate.
- Current OTS officers are ineligible for nomination.
The application process is CLOSED. If you have a question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Required materials include:
- One nomination letter from the nominee’s current (or former) institution
- One letter of recommendation from a current or previous supervisor
- Current CV
- Publication list
If you have questions, please e-mail email@example.com.